Friends and family,
I'm new to the blogging/podcasting world but am enjoying putingt this all together. Whew! A few things to note...
1. If you want to stay current with recordings as they are posted, you need to subscribe to the blog. You'll see a link for doing that at the upper right of the home page. It says, "Subscribe to Lives Worth Listening To by email". Click on that and then follow the instructions. You'll enter your email address and then type in a code word shown to you in a wavy format. An email will be sent to you with a link you need to click on in order to activate your subscription. After that, you'll get an email each time I post a new recording.
2. The recordings are in an mp3 format and can be listened to right from the website. You can also right click on the mp3 icon you see and download it into iTunes so that you can listen to it on an iPod or other mp3 player while you're in the car or exercising.
3. Finally, as you think of topics or stories you'd like Grandma to talk about, please send her an email. Her email address is glenandcleo@gmail.com. She asked me to pass this request along. She is keeping a binder with themes. Under each theme she is writing down different things she wants to talk about, so when you send her something, she'll add it to the binder.
You might be interested to know that after she does this she syncs the recordings into iTunes. I am then able to access her computer remotely and then use the files to post onto the blog.
This is shaping up to be a great project already. Grandma is "all in" and has made a tremendous effort to learn how to use her iPod and new computer which is no easy task for someone approaching 90 years old. I hope that you will enjoy what I believe will be a priceless gift from her to all of us.
I too am interested in your suggestions if you have them. I think my email address is included somewhere on this blog, but if you can't find it, it's outsideagent@gmail.com.
-Abe
No comments:
Post a Comment